Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Slow progress...


It's me, Flo, though goodness knows I don't hardly know my name anymore! Like I predicted, Nellie's new job has kept her from having TIME to worry about much at all. Oh, she has worries, but not as much time to devote to them. That, my friends, is indeed a good thing!!!

Nellie's work schedule is Friday-Tuesday from 10-7. This allows her to see the kids in the morning for a bit. When school starts, it will allow her to avoid having to find morning daycare. Works out good for now. Ned is holding down his part of the bargain by tidying up after supper and staying awake (so the kids don't run wild).

It's been a bit of a financial crunch, starting a new job, because the way the pay periods fell, Nellie didn't get paid for 3 weeks. But after she gets paid next week again, then things should start to level off. Gas hit $4.02/gallon last week, so that's a big expense. The neighbor girls who are babysitting are settling into a routine (after some stern talking-to by Nellie after she found they were letting the kids watch too much TV). So things are settling in.

And even though she hasn't really been trying, Nellie has even LOST FIVE POUNDS! Can you believe that!?!?! I am surprised but glad for that. Like I suspected, not having food around and the ability to wander back to the kitchen all day long has helped.

As for the exercise, well she hasn't got to that yet. She had to get a note from her doctor saying she could participate at the fitness center. yeah. Whatever. LOL> So next week finally she shoudl get to do that on lunch hours on M, T & F. That's what I'm putting MY money on for the best chance to lose weight!

When she gets home at 8'ish at night, she's usually quite famished, but she's been trying to eat only smaller portions. That way she won't overeat, but still feel "full" by the time she goes to bed at 10. I know eating that late isn't ideal in terms of digestion, but I'm not sure what else to do. Her break at 5 p.m. or so is only 15 minutes and not really enough to heat or eat a decent meal. So, we'll have to work on that.

But I'm happy to report that I'm getting SOME progress here. I knew that if I just kept at it and kept working on her that she'd see my side of the story eventually! Ha!!!

No comments: